Friday, March 6, 2009

One and one and one is three?

So, one and one and one is certainly not three in math class. But it's freaking A++ work when you're getting your Masters Degree in "Beatles" from Liverpool Hope University.

That's right, Beatles maniacs, according to a CNN story, you can finally hit the Beatles books for credit and walk away with a MA degree in Beatles, Popular Music and Society.

Excuse me, Professor, but what exactly does "Come Together" freaking mean? And in "Glass Onion" John says that the "Walrus is Paul," but in "I am the Walrus" John sings the line, "I am the Walrus." And then, On "Plastic Ono Band" in the song "God," John sings "I was the walrus, but now I'm John." So who actually is the Walrus, who is John and for that matter who is the Eggman?

Don't get me wrong, I actually do know who the Walrus is, but, but I think one useless degree is already more than enough! Thanks, BA in English for teaching me how to blog!

Oh, and on that note, welcome to the Beatles Blog. The song of the day is, in honor of higher education and small values of "one," "Come Together!"

No comments:

Post a Comment